Why That Matters:
– Aaron Hernandez and other Pats tight end Rob Gronkowski are seen as the top tight ends in the NFL. With Gronkowski recently having back surgery, there is doubt surrounding his recovery prior to the start of the season
– If Gronkowski is out in the beginning of the season, the Patriots will need to rely heavily on Hernandez; and if for some reason Hernandez does wind up being linked to this killing, he would most likely be suspended from the league
– Sports Illustrated reported that the link between Hernandez and the case was a rented Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island plates that police had been searching for
– No cause of death has been found yet for the body, which was found at 5:30pm EST in Attleborough, MA on Monday
– In 38 total games played, Hernandez has 175 receptions for 1,956 yards and 18 touchdowns
– He missed 10 games last season with an ankle injury and had shoulder surgery in April, but is expected to be ready for training camp
To read more about this scandal click here.